Ways to get back on track after the holiday season:
· Enjoy indulgences in moderation
· Keep track of your water intake to help with water retention
· Go to the grocery store with a list to stay consistent with healthy choices
· Incorporate vitamin-rich foods into your meals
· Try to be active for 30 minutes a day at least 3-4x/week
One quick, easy meal to make it fun and enjoyable to help with the indulgence after the holiday:
Hibachi Steak Lettuce Wraps
16 ounces sirloin steak, cut into bite-sized pieces
⅛ teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic powder
1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
2 tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 box Uncle Ben’s® Long Grain & Wild Rice, Fast Cook Recipe
5 tablespoon Yum-Yum sauce
lettuce leaves, for wraps
· Cook rice according to package instructions.
· In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high until it just begins to smoke.
· Season steak pieces with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add to hot skillet. Allow to sear for 1 to 1.5 minutes, or until the side is lightly caramelized, then flip each piece and sear for another 1 to 1.5 minutes.
· Add butter and soy sauce, sauté for up to a minute until the butter is melted. This should get the steak to about medium-rare (using 1 minute on each side) or medium-well (using 1.5 minutes on each side).
· In each lettuce leaf, layer rice, steak, and Yum-Yum sauce. Serve while steak is still hot.
· Feel free to replace the Yum-Yum sauce with any sauce of choice to reduce fat and sodium content
SERVING SIZE: 3 Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 638 TOTAL FAT: 36g SODIUM: 772mg CARBOHYDRATES: 30g PROTEIN: 47g
Silver Pine Medical Group
586-726-4823 ext. 2023