Subject: COVID-19 Vaccine Update
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) announce that beginning January 11, 2021, local health departments and some hospitals will start vaccinating:
• Anyone 65 years old and older
• Essential workers and first responders
• Teachers and staff in K-12 education, child-care, some frontline state and federal workers, jail and correctional facility workers, shelters
• Appointments are required and must be scheduled prior to arriving for the vaccine
• Check the MDHHS website for availability and scheduling: Michigan.gov/COVID Vaccine
There is a limited supply of the vaccine and the state has decided only to distribute the vaccine to hospitals, health departments and major pharmacies for now. Silver Pine has applied to the state to be able to administer the vaccine in our office and when approved we will update our website and send an email notification to all our patients.
We ask that instead of calling us about the vaccine, you refer to the websites below. These websites have answers to frequently asked questions and information on criteria, requirements and availability to schedule the vaccine.
Beaumont Hospital: < www.beaumont.org/covid-vaccine>
Henry Ford Hospital: < https://www.henryford.com/coronavirus>
McLaren Hospital: < https://www.mclaren.org/main/coronavirus-vaccine>
NEED COVID-19 TESTING?
We are committed to providing great service to our patients. If you would like to be tested for COVID-19 or are interested in a COVID-19 antibody test, please call our office to schedule an appointment (586) 726-4823 or request an appointment online: